Wednesday, June 11, 2008

this OC needs some organization

your attention please!

i need some serious organization.

the past few days have been crazy, i've been thrown off balance because i had to change schedules for monday and tuesday to attend an off-site training sponsored and paid by my company (it's the john maxwell leadership summit. sweet!). my body clock has not really reverted to it's normal state and i have had troubles sleeping. i am a normally organized person but i don't get to seem to practice this lately. i'm not sure if it's because i'm sleep deprived, or probably i've become unorganized for the past few days because i've become lazy. thankfully, my office responsibilities are not affected because i still meet my deadlines (kudos to me! you can even ask my boss.). but i have a lot of pending things to do, they are:

1. edit photos from a photo shoot 2 weeks ago. i think i'm midway through the photo set now. but, there's just alot of things to do with the photos, i can't seem to finish it. i've already favorited some photos. actually there's just a few of them, 5 or 8 but it needs some editing primarily because of poor lighting. i plan to complete and finish the editing by sunday so i can post them on monday. the photo on the left is a sneak peek of the shoot. cedric used my ixus to capture the behind the scenes during the shoot.


2. organize my ipod. a good friend recently DL'd songs for me. i have listened to some of the songs but i have not really started moving these songs to my ipod. the selection is really interesting, i have a good feeling i'll enjoy listening to them. but for now, it's still stuck in this small usb stick. i plan to start doing this today just in time for my badian weekend. i plan to listen to the music during the travel to and fro badian, take down mental notes for any song detail that needs correction. i pay attention to the title of the song, the artist's name, whether the spelling is correct or not, categorize each song and attach an an artwork. you know the album cover. quality is also important. when i organize my ipod, i don't simply dump the song in a general playlist, i assign them a particular playlist for ease of finding. i also make sure i don't duplicate songs in my ipod. any duplicate shall be deleted.

3. pack my stuff for the weekend. remember that badian trip that was postponed at the eleventh hour? it's going to push through this saturday. arggh! i haven't even thought of what to bring with me. i'm not even sure if i still have my toiletry kit for the trip. i keep a separate toiletry kit dedicated just for travel purposes. i'm not even sure if the clothes i plan to bring are in my closet. which reminds me, my clothes are still inside a plastic bag. the laundry woman dropped by last monday and wednesday and i haven't took them out from the plastic bags yet. er, this is not happening.

4. conceptualize for the shoot for this weekend. i'll be taking photos of my friend this weekend and i don't have a clear concept yet. it's like my creative juices have been drained. i need inspiration, yet this is so difficult to get when you only get sleep for 3 hours for the past 2 days.

5. decide what outfit to wear for the awards night this friday. yearly, the company i work for recognize outstanding employees for their excellent performance for the previous year. as a team manager, i am invited as a guest, but i'm still not sure what to wear.


that's already 5 and there's more. i also need to do some household chores which include, changing my bedsheet and curtains. so many things to do, so little time.

i'm so sleepy right now but i have to start organizing my ipod. while updating my ipod, i'll browse the internet to get inspiration for the shoot. i'll resume editing the photos when i get back from badian this sunday and i'll pack my stuff for my badian weekend after my friday's shift. there, i think i have it figured it out. i think my organization skills are still with me.

now, what to wear for friday?

No comments: